This contest runs from June 1 – June 30.
Fun – Fun – Fun
(1) Today’s Fit by Sandra Betzina Vogue V1363
Super lace sleeves
(2) Today’s Fit by Sandra Betzina Vogue V1049
Great Boat Neck
(3) Simplicity S8016
Love that lace bodice.
After reading all the great reviews online for NewLook 6095, I decided it was time to try this out. I also have a really nice stripe stretch knit from Mood that just needed to find the right pattern match. The muslin is done showing me I need to think over the side seams and perhaps some sleeve changes. More to come…….
I entered a few items in the PatternReview StayHomeSaveLives Contest. This runs April 20th – May 31st.
It’s Tee Time – great weather to make an easy Tee
Fabric Source – fabric was from my stash. It is a stretch jersey fabric that was a challenge to keep from slipping away.
Pattern Source – This is “The Lavender Tee” from Mood Sewciety digital patterns.
Construction Tips – Double needle for hems and serger for seams. A quick 2-hour Tee.
Pattern Source: This is the Patternreview.com 103 – Winter Street Dress. I ordered the large print copy from their Copy Shop – this was a nice option.
Fabric Source: I made the dress in a black/white floral stretch from Mood Fabrics. This had been in the stash waiting to meet the right pattern.
Size I cut and changes I made: I cut an XL for the muslin, however I discovered a L was fine. I did not do the sleeve flounce since I felt it would have gotten lost in this busy fabric. I will do the flounce on the next one. The box pleats were easy to do and really make a nice impact at the waist.
I highly recommend this pattern, it was fast, fairly easy and the end product is nice looking and fitting.
I have made this summer dress before M6115 link. It is McCall’s M6115. The fabric, which is new for the Spring/Summer is from Joann Fabric. It is beautiful blue/purple peacock feather pattern – perfect for this summer dress.
This dress is easy to make and wears really well!
I am currently working on McCall’s M7681. I made a muslin front/back first since my measurements fell between 2 sizes. Then I made adjustments then cutting, marking, darts and lots of pressing done so far. I am excited to see how this turns out. The fabric is from Joann’s Fabrics and was part of the ever-growing stash.
Hand stitched the hem.
This dress is Butterick B6616. It is super comfortable and was easy to make. I used a 2-way stretch and sew/serge combination.
The fabric was similar to a waffle weave that I found at Joanne Fabrics. I will definitely make this one again.
The collar was my absolute favorite thing about this dress. It looks so sharp and was not difficult at all to make.